Minister of Religion visa (T2)

You can apply for a Minister of Religion visa (T2) if:

You have been offered a job within a faith community (for example as a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order) in the UK

You meet the other eligibility requirements

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship holds your personal details and information about the job you have been offered. It is an electronic record, not a paper document. Your sponsor will give you a certificate of sponsorship reference number to add to your application.

Please note: You can only use your certificate of sponsorship reference number once. You must use it within 3 months of getting it.

Knowledge of English

You can prove your knowledge of English by either:

  • Passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B2 in reading, writing, speaking and listening
  • Having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or PhD

Latest News