Tier 2 - Skilled Workers

The Tier 2 category is for skilled workers who have been offered jobs in the UK, it aims to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker. There are 4 categories of skilled worker under the points-based system:

  • Tier 2 (General)
  • Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)
  • Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
  • Tier 2 (Sports person)

In order to apply under Tier 2 of the points-based system you must have a job offer from a licensed sponsor who will then assign you a certificate of sponsorship. You must also meet the points-based assessment criteria

Closed categories

If you are currently in the UK in one of the categories listed below and you want to extend your stay, you can apply under the transitional arrangements. If you think this applies to you contact us today and we will answer any queries you may have.

  • Work permit holders (except Bulgarian and Romanian nationals)
  • Ministers of religion, missionaries and members of religious orders
  • Overseas qualified nurses and midwives
  • Members of airport based operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline



Latest News