Temporary Worker - Seasonal Worker visa (T5)

You can apply for a Seasonal Worker visa (T5) if you want to come to the UK for up to 6 months to do farm work. You will need to:

Please note: This visa has replaced the Tier 5 Seasonal Worker visa.


You must be 18 or over when you apply and have both of the following:

  • A certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
  • Enough money to support yourself in the UK - you will usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt)

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship is a reference number which holds information about the job and your personal details. It is not an actual certificate or paper document.

Your sponsor will give you your certificate of sponsorship reference number.

Please note: Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months from the date it is assigned to you.

Latest News