Temporary Worker - Religious Worker visa (T5)

You can apply for a Temporary Worker - Religious Worker visa (T5) if:

This visa has replaced the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Religious Worker) visa.


You must have both of the following:

  • A certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
  • Enough money to support yourself in the UK - you will usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you are exempt)


You must have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before you can apply to come to the UK to work.

The work you do in the UK must relate to your sponsor organisation’s work.

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship is a unique reference number that holds information about the job you’ll do and your personal details. It is not an actual certificate or paper document.

Your sponsor will give you the certificate of sponsorship.

Latest News