Sportsperson visa (T2)

You can apply for a Sportsperson visa (T2) if all the following apply:

  • You are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach, who is recognised by your sport’s governing body as being at the highest level of your profession internationally
  • Your sport’s governing body is endorsing your application
  • Your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level
  • You meet the other eligibility requirements


You need to:

Please note: You need to have an eligible qualification if you are switching from a Tier 4 visa.

Knowledge of English

You need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

You can prove your knowledge of English by either:

  • Passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening
  • having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by  UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or PhD

Latest News